Wright-Pierce is looking for an Accounting Assistant to join our ME, NH, MA offices. This position will support the accounting department by performing accounting and administrative tasks.
- Assist and support accounting staff with day-to-day accounting duties.
- Perform general data entry tasks: Voucher input, coding, cash account entries, maintain corporate accounts payable paperless filing and organization
- Assist in updating ERP for various data points (i.e. Client and Vendor contacts, addresses, etc.)
- Updating and maintaining vendors for 1099 reporting
- Cross-train in accounting areas provide backup for others as-needed.
- Other tasks as directed.
- Performs tasks and assignments under direction of senior accounting staff with goal to develop professional work knowledge and abilities, applying Wright-Pierce procedures and controls while adhering to accounting standards.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Personal organization and time management skills
- Able to build strong relationship with coworkers
- Excellent attention to detail
- 0-2 years of accounting experience
- Basic knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products (i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel)
- General understanding of Wright-Pierce services.
- Limited exercise of judgment.
- Collaborates with and develops relationships with accounting, corporate, and engineering staff firm wide.
- Requires Associates (minimum) degree in accounting, business administration, or related field of study
- Portsmouth, NH
- Topsham, ME
- Portland, ME
- Manchester, NH
- Andover, MA
Equal Employment Opportunity
Wright-Pierce is an EEO Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, transgender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.
LET'S WORK TOGETHER
Connect with us!
Whether you're exploring new career opportunities, inquiring about a future project, or want to learn more about Wright-Pierce, please fill out the form below to get in touch. A member of our team will reach out to you soon.