Control System Technician/Programmer
Wright-Pierce, an award-winning, multi-discipline environmental engineering firm specializing in water, wastewater and civil infrastructure, is seeking a Control System Technician/ Programmer to join our company.
- Application development for a variety of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) software and graphical interface terminals such as those manufactured by Allen Bradley, Modicon, GE, Trihedral, Wonderware and Maple Systems
- Work with the engineering design team to implement and commission PLC/SCADA based control systems for water and wastewater related projects
- Meet with project team and clients as needed to understand their needs and gain an understanding of the project objective and how it relates to the control system
- Provide onsite commissioning and startup support for new and existing control systems
- Diagnose and modify existing programs to meet customer needs and provide onsite support
- Provide onsite control panel modifications
- Field instrumentation installation, maintenance, setup and troubleshooting.
- Control panel design and testing.
- Document and maintain control system information, programing files and activities logs.
- Creating and/or assisting in the creation of CAD schematics and user operation manuals (O&M)
- Put clients’ interests first and always provide timely response to calls
- Travel to job sites in New England states
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities
- Able to build professional relationships with clients and co workers
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Personal organization and time management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Committed to continual learning
- Excellent attention to detail
- Diligent and dependable
- 3-8 years of experience in control system programming with relevant experience in Water/Wastewater related infrastructure preferred
- Knowledge of industrial networking such as Ethernet IP, Modbus, industrial wireless, HART, etc.
- Must also be well versed in Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office Suite, and serial communications
- Experience in PC based programming languages – Rockell Logix 500 and Logix5000, Schneider Modicon, ect, Operator interfaces ( OIT), HMI Software, Windows Server platforms, HTML, My SQL, Access and virtual systems is a plus
- Ability to read and understand process and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs), control loop drawings, electrical schematics and wiring diagrams
- Strong knowledge and familiarity with field instrumentation devices, control components (relays, timers, power supplies) and industrial drive systems (VFDs, soft starters, motor contactors)
- AutoCAD experience a plus
- Technical Associate Degree
- B.S. Degree preferred
- Certified Control Systems Technician preferred
- Andover, MA
- Maitland, FL
- Portsmouth, NH
Equal Employment Opportunity
Wright-Pierce is an EEO Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender identity, age, religion, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
LET'S WORK TOGETHER
Connect with us!
Whether you're exploring new career opportunities, inquiring about a future project, or want to learn more about Wright-Pierce, please fill out the form below to get in touch. A member of our team will reach out to you soon.