Internship – Mechanical Engineer
Wright-Pierce, an award-winning, multi-discipline environmental engineering firm specializing in water, wastewater and civil infrastructure, is seeking a motivated Mechanical Engineering student for our 2021 Summer Internship Program.
Over the course of the summer, you’ll work in a dynamic, exciting work environment. Some of the work you’ll be involved with may include:
- Design building mechanical systems: Heating, ventilation and air conditioning, plumbing and fire protection systems, and performing energy analyses
- Hands-on assignments in our Building Services group, including mechanical system concept development, air distribution system design, hydronic system design, refrigeration, general piping design and controls systems
- Working in the office and in the field
- Implementing project assignments independently, while working closely with experienced engineers
- Performing project-related studies and developing reports
- Conducting engineering research and assisting in technical problem solving
- Developing system designs based on volumetric flow, velocity and pressure calculations
- A positive, cooperative attitude
- Effective communications skills
- Personal organization and time management skills
- Congenial interpersonal skills to share with co-workers
- A desire to develop professionally as an engineer
- Strong attention to detail
- The ideal candidate will be a Junior or Senior
- Students working toward a BS in Mechanical Engineering
- Portsmouth, NH
- Will also consider candidates for Andover, MA
Equal Employment Opportunity
Wright-Pierce is an EEO Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender identity, age, religion, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
LET'S WORK TOGETHER
Connect with us!
Whether you're exporing new career opportunities, inquiring about a future project, or want to learn more about Wright-Pierce, please fill out the form below to get in touch. A member of our team will reach out to you soon.