Lead HVAC Plumbing Mechanical Engineer
Wright-Pierce, a growing, award-winning, multi-discipline environmental engineering firm specializing in water, wastewater and civil infrastructure, is seeking a licensed Lead HVAC Plumbing Mechanical Engineer to join our company. The position entails a wide variety of challenging mechanical design projects requiring unique and creative approaches. Our mission is to enhance our clients’ success by delivering reliable solutions, responsive service, and superior value.
- HVAC, air distribution, hydronic piping systems, plumbing and fire protection system evaluation, design and construction engineering including analysis, equipment selection and system development for water/wastewater treatment facilities
- Technical writing including memoranda, letters, reports, specifications, and submittal reviews
- Construction cost estimate development for bidding and construction
- Site inspections to review, startup and troubleshoot mechanical system installations
- Proactively coordinate work with other design disciplines on small to large multi-disciplinary projects
- Mentor and delegate to staff
- Monitor budget status for assigned projects
- Develop fee estimates in support of proposal efforts
- Strong communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills
- Strong personal organization and time management skills
- Able to build strong relationship with coworkers.
- Able to work with others in multiple offices via Microsoft Teams and Bluebeam
- Committed to continual learning
- Excellent attention to detail
- Willingness to do what it takes to get the job done
- Registered Professional Engineer
- 10 to 30 years of HVAC/Plumbing/Fire Protection Mechanical Engineer experience
- AutoCAD/Revit MEP experience required. Bluebeam experience considered a plus.
- Experience with NFPA 820 is strongly encouraged.
- LEED accreditation considered a plus
- Experience with client, project and/or staff management considered a plus
- Experience and desire to grow the business within our core competencies considered a plus
- Register Professional Engineer
- B.S. Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Masters degree considered a plus
- Maitland, FL
- Tampa, FL
- Candidates may also be considered in any of our office locations.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Wright-Pierce is an EEO Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender identity, age, religion, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
LET'S WORK TOGETHER
Connect with us!
Whether you're exporing new career opportunities, inquiring about a future project, or want to learn more about Wright-Pierce, please fill out the form below to get in touch. A member of our team will reach out to you soon.