Wright-Pierce, an award-winning, multi-discipline environmental engineering firm specializing in water, wastewater and civil infrastructure, is seeking a registered Lead Structural Engineer to join our company. The position entails a wide variety of challenging structural design projects requiring unique and creative approaches.
- Structural Design for projects from preliminary design through construction for water/wastewater treatment and Civil/Industrial infrastructure facilities.
- Studies and reports of existing facilities
- Work on multiple design and construction projects concurrently
- Delegate work to Revit Technicians and junior level Engineers
- Ability to work with other design disciplines and continuously coordinate work through the use of Bluebeam (or other electronic) software
Responsibilities for design phase of typical projects include:
- Develop design budgets
- Preparation of contract documents including: calculations, drawings, cost estimates, and specifications
- Site visits to assess existing conditions
- Inspections of buildings, tanks and other structures associated with the project
- Design of low rise buildings constructed of masonry, wood or steel.
- Design of above and below grade liquid containing concrete tanks.
Responsibilities for construction phase of projects include:
- Perform site visits to review contractor’s work and resolve field related issues
- Review structural shop drawings
- Assess contractor change orders
- Participate in preconstruction meetings to define construction expectations and highlight contract requirements
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Personal organization and time management skills
- Ability to build strong relationship with coworkers
- Ability to work with others in multiple offices through the use of Skype
- Registered Professional Engineer
- 4-8 years of experience, preferably in the water/wastewater field
- Experience with piers, docs and damns considered a plus
- Experience using AutoCAD required. Experience in Revit a plus
- B.S. Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Maitland, FL
- Providence, RI
Equal Employment Opportunity
Wright-Pierce is an EEO Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, transgender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.Apply Now »