Structural Project Engineer
Wright-Pierce, an award-winning, multi-discipline environmental engineering firm specializing in water, wastewater and civil infrastructure, is seeking a Structural Project Engineer to join our company.
- Assist with Structural Design for projects from preliminary design through construction for water/wastewater treatment and Civil/Industrial infrastructure facilities.
- Responsibilities for the design phase of typical projects include:
- Assist with preparation of contract documents including calculations, drawings, cost estimates, and specifications
- Accompany senior engineering staff on site visits to assess existing conditions
- Assist with inspections of buildings, tanks and other structures associated with the project
- Design of structural elements pertaining to low-rise buildings constructed of masonry, wood or steel.
- Design of structural elements pertaining to above and below grade liquid containing concrete tanks.
- Responsibilities for construction phase of projects include:
- Perform site visits to review contractor’s work and resolve field related issues
- Review structural shop drawings
- Participate in preconstruction meetings to define construction expectations and highlight contract requirements
- Help with conducting visual structural assessments, document deficiencies for existing facilities
- Work on multiple design and construction projects concurrently
- Ability to work with other design disciplines and continuously coordinate work through the use of Bluebeam (or other electronic) software
- Ability to obtain a Professional Engineering license
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Personal organization and time management skills
- Integrity and honesty in all dealing
- Able to build strong relationship with coworkers
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work with others in multiple offices through the use of Microsoft Teams
- Ability to collaborate with other engineering disciplines, senior engineering and project management staff
- 2-4 years of experience, preferably in the water/wastewater field
- Experience using AutoCAD required, Revit experience considered a plus
- Experience with STAAD, Enercalc and MathCad a plus
- Engineer in Training Certification required
- B.S. Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- M.S. Degree Civil or Structural Engineering considered a plus
- Topsham, ME
- Clifton Park, NY
- Projects located in ME, NH, MA, RI, CT, NY, VT and FL
Equal Employment Opportunity
Wright-Pierce is an EEO Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender identity, age, religion, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.
LET'S WORK TOGETHER
Connect with us!
Whether you're exploring new career opportunities, inquiring about a future project, or want to learn more about Wright-Pierce, please fill out the form below to get in touch. A member of our team will reach out to you soon.